can some1 please convert this htaccess to nginx rewrite?

Igor Sysoev is at
Tue Jan 20 18:31:03 MSK 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 03:53:53PM +0100, Lemon Head wrote:

> tried it but no dice
> leads to "page not found"

Does the file /usr/share/nginx/html/forum/vbseo.php exist ?

> redirects to
> not sure it matters but inside the forum folder there are 2 index
> files,the standard vbulletin one and an .html one which redirects to
> , it redirected fine with my previous
> config but not after puting

Then you need to add

fastcgi_index  index.php;

        location /forum/ {
            rewrite ^/forum/((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$
                 /forum/vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 last;

            error_page  404  = /forum/vbseo.php;

> the suggested changes , also i just saw your topic about the new nginx
> version
> and i started to wonder what version i have on my vps,i installed it
> from the fedora packages so i wasnt sure,i checked and found out its the
> old stable one (0.6.34) , you think that if ill upgrade to the newest
> devlopment version it will sort it out? , thanks for all of your help

No, this should work with 0.6.34.

Igor Sysoev