FastCGI application not receiving multi-part data

gerryw nginx-forum at
Thu Jul 16 12:56:00 MSD 2009

Hello All,

>Is your FastCGI running on a socket or a port? On Linux, it should be
>a socket (e.g. unix:/tmp/php.sock) , but on FreeBSD it should be a
>port (e.g. I found this to be the cause of uploads
>not being passed back through fastcgi one time.

I was using a port. When I switched to a unix:socket I started getting some data, but it's either garbage or incomplete, because the parser segfaults trying to parse it. Could it be some kind of buffer size issue?