Keeping up-to-date with nginx in Ubuntu

Jeff Waugh jdub at
Wed Jul 22 12:57:47 MSD 2009

Hi all,

For those of you using Ubuntu 8.04.x LTS (the most recent long-term support
release of Ubuntu), I am maintaining up-to-date packages of the nginx stable
and devel branches in my Launchpad PPA.

I run both branches on production machines using these packages, so have an
incentive to keep them fresh and working. :-) (tracking nginx 0.7.x atm) (tracking nginx 0.8.x atm)

(They're branched from the Debian and Ubuntu packages, and I intend to push
changes back to their maintainers where appropriate.)

- Jeff

-- 2010: Wellington, NZ
     "Imagine a four million line code base that is based on C++, uses
    threads, a hundred shared libraries, and is over a gigabyte in size
   when built and then point a debugger at it that was designed to debug
                   GNU sed." - Chris Blizzard on Mozilla