FastCGI application not receiving multi-part data

merlin corey merlincorey at dc949.org
Thu Jul 23 15:57:00 MSD 2009

Gerry,

Sounds like you want to make use of the upstream module (
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpUpstreamModule ); something like this
should work:

upstream supercpp {
  server   backend1.example.com    weight=5;
  server   127.0.0.1:8080          max_fails=3  fail_timeout=30s;
  server   unix:/tmp/backend3;
}

Substituing of course your backends and weight settings (if
necessary).  Minimal for you might be like:

upstream supercpp {
  server unix:/tmp/back0;
  server unix:/tmp/back1;

Then later, when you need to pass off to it, you simply refer to the
upstream group by name like so:

fastcgi_pass supercpp;

Thanks,
Merlin