mp3 pass through?

Ilan Berkner iberkner at
Wed Mar 4 00:48:41 MSK 2009

Hi All,

Currently we are doing a lot of MP3 transfers on our webserver (downloads)
and this month we exceeded our bandwidth, which is fine, but can be costly.

We have a separate DB server that I'm thinking of off loading the MP3
traffic to, so essentially I'd like to do the following:

1. Install Nginx on DB server
2. Add rule to re-route all mp3 requests to the db server

(1) I can handle (2) I'm not sure about.  If anyone could clue me in on how
to write the configuration rule for routing the .mp3 files that would be

Thanks all!!!