mp3 pass through?

Nick Pearson nick.pearson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 04:13:13 MSK 2009

rewrite  ^/media/(.*\.mp3)$  http://db.domain.com/mp3s/$1  last;

If updating the code that makes these request (i.e., the website or .swf) is
an option, then it might be better to go ahead and direct these MP3 requests
to your secondary server.  Also might be worth looking into a content
delivery network (CDN), or a basic asset host (Amazon S3 offers both).

You can find more rewrite examples here:
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpRewriteModule#rewrite