Nginx - Google Summer of Code ideas

Valery Kholodkov valery+nginxen at grid.net.ru
Tue Mar 10 23:27:19 MSK 2009

C. wrote:
> Valery Kholodkov wrote:
>> C. wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I'm organizing some google summer of code ideas for our organization and
>>>  nginx could play a very interesting and key role in one of them.  So
>>> two quick questions.
>>>
>>> 1) Would anyone be willing to mentor a student?
>>
>> Depends on how many hours per week you need for this. I could handle 5
>> to 10 hours I think.
>
> I think that's more than enough.  The key is a couple things like any
> project..
>
> 1) Having a very detailed plan to avoid questions in the first place
> 2) Selecting students who are qualified

Be more specific: plan for what and qualified for what?

> 3) Being on irc, but letting them know not to expect instant replies..
> If more than one mentor is around it can balance out well like any
> normal dev channel.

Well, I have been on irc for a while, but then I forgot to restore irc
account in my client because of general laziness. After your mail I'm
back there.

But generally I'm available per email. I'm trying to respond to every
question and fortunately there are not much of them. If someone feels I
don't respond -- alert me in maillist or per phone.

--
Regards,
Valery Kholodkov