New wiki

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Thu Mar 12 22:31:17 MSK 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:04:22PM -0700, Cliff Wells wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 10:43 -0700, Chris Cortese wrote:
> > Thanks, this is nice, but why no forums?  Seems to me some of the
> > mailing list stuff might be better served in forums.
>
> I've considered this.  My biggest concern is splintering the community.
> If people find a forum, they may never find their way here (and vice
> versa).   The more people in one spot, the more likely someone will get
> their questions answered.
>
> The solution, of course, is to cross-post between the forum and mailing
> list, but that brings it's own issues (as we've seen with the crap that
> comes in from the ruby forum that is linked here).
>
> If someone has a bright idea on how to address that, I'd be happy to add
> a forum to the mix.

I understand that many people are used to use forums. However, I personally
do not like them. Is it possible in forum to see all unread or marked
messages ? But the most uncomfortable forum thing for me is the forum/browser
editor to post messages. I'm used to edit in vim.

I think that cross-posting will be the best solution.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/