New wiki

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Thu Mar 12 22:04:22 MSK 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 10:43 -0700, Chris Cortese wrote:
> Thanks, this is nice, but why no forums?  Seems to me some of the
> mailing list stuff might be better served in forums.

I've considered this.  My biggest concern is splintering the community.
If people find a forum, they may never find their way here (and vice
versa).   The more people in one spot, the more likely someone will get
their questions answered.

The solution, of course, is to cross-post between the forum and mailing
list, but that brings it's own issues (as we've seen with the crap that
comes in from the ruby forum that is linked here).

If someone has a bright idea on how to address that, I'd be happy to add
a forum to the mix.

Cliff