Is anyone else amazed at how many people use nginx on Windows?

Kevin Worthington kworthington at gmail.com
Thu May 7 03:17:40 MSD 2009

(cont'd) Before these native builds, I was compiling and
> providing my Cygwin builds to the Windows crowd for exactly the reason that Michael mentioned: to be able to develop on Windows locally, using a light web server that's simple to get up and running.

So as an Nginx enthusiast from both worlds, I ask you not to troll.
Nginx is great software, and if Igor wants to concentrate on spreading
it to as many platforms as possible, I am all for it. Likewise, I
would not be upset if he concentrates solely on *nix - I will continue
with my Cygwin builds/setup packages for Windows. That is the beauty
of open source software - developers can concentrate on whatever
they'd like, and if a niche exists elsewhere, someone else will fill
it, if so inclined.

Thanks for reading,
Kevin
--