[ANNOUNCE] ngx_http_wsgi_module 0.1rc1
manlio_perillo at libero.it
Mon Apr 5 23:18:51 MSD 2010
After 2 years of inactivity, I'm pleased to announce the first release
candidate for the 0.1 version of the ngx_http_wsgi_module.
For those who know the module, there are some important changes.
The name of module is now "ngx_http_wsgi_module" and the code is
available from a new Mercurial repository:
Here are the changes from the 0.0.6 release:
- Feature: support for `Nginx` 0.7.*.
Support for older versions has been removed.
- Reorganized the old `WSGI` examples into a test suite, in the
``test`` directory in the ``ngx_http_wsgi_module`` source
- Feature: module path specified in the `wsgi_pass` directive can be
Relative paths are resolved against `Nginx` ``prefix`` directory.
- Bug fix: import failure of a middleware module was not logged.
- The module name associated with the script specified in `wsgi_pass`
directive, is now derived from script path and no from `Nginx`
`HTTP` location name.
This solves some issues for non simple location names (as an
example, locations with a regex).
Moreover original implementation did not consider the case of the
same script being used in multiple locations.
- Feature: support for `Python` 2.6.
- The ``ngx_http_wsgi_module`` now requires the new
This revision breaks compatibility, since the
`wsgi_python_optimize`, `wsgi_python_executable` and
`wsgi_python_home` directives are no more available.
See ``ngx_python_module`` documentation about the new
directives to use for `Python` configuration.
The support to *sub interpreters* has been removed.
The `wsgi_enable_subinterpreters` and `wsgi_use_main_interpreter`
directives are mo more available.
- After 2 years of inactivity, started code reorganization and
- Feature: implementation of ``wsgi.file_wrapper``.
- Bug fix: ``ngx_http_wsgi_module`` did not compile on `Mac OS X` with
Thanks to Brian Rosner.
More informations are available in the README, NEWS.txt, BUGS and TODO
Please note that there are some issues when using the module with Nginx
0.8.*, so the current development version of Nginx is not supported.
Before the final 0.1 version, I'm going to remove more obsolete code.
More information about the nginx