Turn off upload buffering in proxy mode

Vincent MAUGE vmauge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 13:22:40 MSD 2010

>> Hey,
>>
>> I setup a nginx as reverse proxy + SSL negotiation in front of apache
>> servers. The setup works find and the configuration is quiet easy and
>> efficient (url loadblancing, access rules).
>> But I am facing an issue with upload; as nginx buffer the post request
>> on local disk before transmit the request to upstream server, I need
>> lot of storage on my server to handle space and io. Is there a way to
>

> I am having a heck of a time, how did you setup SSL in nginx to proxy out to
> Apache?

I use the following vhost :

upstream upstream-server {
        server 192.168.1.1:80;
        server 192.168.1.2:80;
}

server {

        listen  XX.XX.XX.XX:80;
        server_name foo.test.com;

        access_log  /var/www/foo.test.com/logs/access.log;
        error_log  /var/www/foo.test.com/logs/error.log;

        location / {
                proxy_pass      http://upstream-server;
                include         /etc/nginx/proxy.conf;

server {

        listen  XX.XX.XX.XX:443;
        server_name foo.test.com;

        ssl on;
        ssl_certificate /var/www/foo.test.com/certif/foo.test.com.chained.crt;
        ssl_certificate_key /var/www/foo.test.com/certif/foo.test.com.key;

        access_log  /var/www/foo.test.com/logs/access.log;
        error_log  /var/www/foo.test.com/logs/error.log;

        location / {
                proxy_pass      http://upstream-server;
                include         /etc/nginx/proxy.conf;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Protocol https;

Regards,

Vincent