IMAP Proxy?

Phillip Oldham phill at activityhq.com
Tue Aug 31 18:33:22 MSD 2010

  On 31/08/2010 15:24, rainer at ultra-secure.de wrote:
>>    Can nginx be used as a proxy for IMAP, so that multiple users can
>> connect to nginx but the proxied server only sees one connection? If so,
>> how would this be configured?
>>
>> Background: We have 20 users who all need access to read/move emails in
>> a single IMAP mailbox, however our current hosting company is limiting
>> our connections to one "user" per IP, or around 10 connections (since
>> most mail clients open multiple connections to the server).
>
> IMAP is not designed to handle that, AFAIK.
> It's a ...not-so-great... idea to begin with.
> Why do 20 users have to fuzz around a single mailbox?

Customer receive an automated email and respond manually. Our staff need
to be able to review those emails and act accordingly. Was working fine
with a smaller team, but we've recently increased the staff due to
response volumes.

--

*Phillip B Oldham*
ActivityHQ

*Policies*

recipient(s) only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in
error, please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error. No action
should be taken regarding content, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.

This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is
not a 100% secure communications medium, and we have taken steps to
ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus. We must
advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should
ensure they are completely virus free, and that you understand and
observe the lack of security when e-mailing us.