400 errors

Neil Sheth nsheth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 11:31:51 MSK 2010

We just changed over to another server, so far I don't see this issue
happening, so perhaps it was indeed something related to some sort of faulty
network config.

I do still see some other 400s that I'm trying to track down.  They're
almost all on the same page, it's on a post request to our registration
page.  The entries all look like:

123.45.67.89 - - [09/Dec/2010:21:09:50 -0600] "POST /register.php HTTP/1.1"
400 0 "http://www.site.com/register.php?src=h" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR
2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)"

It generally seems to be IE that's triggering these (but I see IE6, IE7, and
IE8, so not limited to one version).  I don't find any corresponding errors
in my backend apache logs, nor in the nginx error log.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!