glype 404 error nginx/0.7.59+ fastcgi

zereshk nginx-forum at
Fri Feb 5 08:34:15 MSK 2010

Hi nginx gurus,
I have this weird problem:

After following carefully this tutorial:

I could get my glype script page, but it does not work: The nginx gives a '404 Not Found' whenever I try to get a url through glype proxy.

You can see the problem here:

Here is my nginx.conf

user  www;
#numbers of worker processes
worker_processes  2;
#path to
pid     /home/www/;
    worker_connections  1024;
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;
    #log format
    log_format  main  '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] "$request" '
                     '$status $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer" '
                     '"$http_user_agent" "$http_x_forwarded_for"';
    sendfile        on;
    tcp_nopush     on;
    #keepalive_timeout  0;
    keepalive_timeout  65;
    gzip on;
    gzip_min_length  1100;
    gzip_buffers     4 8k;
    gzip_types       text/plain;
    gzip_comp_level 3;
    gzip_proxied any;
#configure virtual server
server {
        listen       80;
        #server name
        server_name  localhost;
        charset utf-8;
       #main directory where is site
	root /home/www/;
        access_log  /home/www/;
        error_log /home/www/;
        access_log  /home/www/ combined;
        location / {
            root   /home/www/;
            index  index.html index.htm index.php;
        error_page  404              /404.html;
        # redirect server error pages to the static page /50x.html
        error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
        location = /50x.html {
            root   html;
        # pass the PHP scripts to FastCGI server listening on
        #PHP + CGI + some parametrs
        location ~ \.php$ {
            fastcgi_index  index.php;
            fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  /home/www/$fastcgi_script_name;
            include        fastcgi_params;
            fastcgi_param  QUERY_STRING     $query_string;
            fastcgi_param  REQUEST_METHOD   $request_method;
            fastcgi_param  CONTENT_TYPE     $content_type;
            fastcgi_param  CONTENT_LENGTH   $content_length;

And my  fastcgi_params:

fastcgi_param  QUERY_STRING       $query_string;
fastcgi_param  REQUEST_METHOD     $request_method;
fastcgi_param  CONTENT_TYPE       $content_type;
fastcgi_param  CONTENT_LENGTH     $content_length;

fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_NAME        $fastcgi_script_name;
fastcgi_param  REQUEST_URI        $request_uri;
fastcgi_param  DOCUMENT_URI       $document_uri;
fastcgi_param  DOCUMENT_ROOT      $document_root;
fastcgi_param  SERVER_PROTOCOL    $server_protocol;

fastcgi_param  GATEWAY_INTERFACE  CGI/1.1;
fastcgi_param  SERVER_SOFTWARE    nginx/$nginx_version;

fastcgi_param  REMOTE_ADDR        $remote_addr;
fastcgi_param  REMOTE_PORT        $remote_port;
fastcgi_param  SERVER_ADDR        $server_addr;
fastcgi_param  SERVER_PORT        $server_port;
fastcgi_param  SERVER_NAME        $server_name;

# PHP only, required if PHP was built with --enable-force-cgi-redirect
fastcgi_param  REDIRECT_STATUS    200;

Let me know if you need to know my other configurations.

Actually, nginx is very little known among proxy community (take a look at and you'll see).

Your clues are very much appreciated. I promise to spread the word if you could solve this nasty problem.
Thank you,