FLV streaming on Debian Lenny Nginx binary package

Владимир Лощин vladimir.loshchin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 11:11:45 MSK 2010

  Hi, everybody.
  I trying to configure *nginx*, which was installed from standard
*Debian* repository, for FLV streaming. And the problem is:
  When I try to GET flv file with some shift
(http://localhost/video.flv?start=1), an 404 responce recieved.

Here is a compilation options nginx binary package:
/# /nginx -V

/nginx version: nginx/0.6.32
configure arguments: --conf-path=/etc/nginx/nginx.conf
--error-log-path=/var/log/nginx/error.log --pid-path=/var/run/nginx.pid
--http-fastcgi-temp-path=/var/lib/nginx/fastcgi --with-debug
--with-http_stub_status_module *--with-http_flv_module*
--with-http_ssl_module --with-http_dav_module

  As you can see, *with-http_flv_module* key are presented in configure

  Here is stantard Debian Lenny nginx config file:

server {
        listen   80;
        server_name  localhost;
        limit_rate   5120;

        access_log  /var/log/nginx/localhost.access.log;

        location / {
                root   /var/www/nginx-default;
                index  index.html index.htm;

        location /doc {
                root   /usr/share;
                autoindex on;
                deny all;

        location /images {
                root   /usr/share;
                autoindex on;

        #error_page  404  /404.html;

        # redirect server error pages to the static page /50x.html
        error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
        location = /50x.html {
                root   /var/www/nginx-default;

        # proxy the PHP scripts to Apache
        #location ~ \.php$ {

        # pass the PHP scripts to FastCGI server listening on
        #location ~ \.php$ {
                #fastcgi_index  index.php;
                #fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME
        # deny access to .htaccess files, if Apache's document root
        # concurs with nginx's one
        #location ~ /\.ht {
                #deny  all;

*        location ~ \.flv$ {
                root   /var/www/nginx-default;

  Bold text is my modiffication of config file.
  The issue once again:
  When I try to GET flv file with some shift
(/http://localhost/video.flv?start=1/), an *404* responce recieved.
  Can anyone help me with this issue? Where I was wrong?