Issue with 3rd-party memc and eval modules

Valery Kholodkov valery+nginxen at grid.net.ru
Wed Feb 17 14:07:41 MSK 2010

> > The question now is, will their come an `official` source for the eval
> > module?
> > Or may we assume Valery's page [1] is the one point to download from?
>
> You mean version with agentzh's modification?
> I don't think so, unless Valery will pull the changes into his repository ;)

I appreciate your interest in my software, but the problem with this contributed code at the moment is that it is not as efficient as it could possibly be and it is not universal enough.

In particular I don't like the presence of "eval_subrequest_in_memory" directive at all, because it specifies which way of internal communication the module needs to use, which doesn't make any sense for end user.

Second, the contributed code allocates a buffer and uses it in order to assemble the output of subrequest in it. This allocation can be totally avoided, if an appropriate state machine is implemented.

As soon as these issues are resolved, I'll accept this code.

--
Regards,
Valery Kholodkov