Nginx ESI Module

Kingsley Foreman kingsley at
Thu Feb 18 14:47:51 MSK 2010

Found this

just out of curiosity what is number #1 and #2 :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Piotr Sikora [mailto:piotr.sikora at]
Sent: Thursday, 18 February 2010 5:22 PM
To: nginx at
Subject: Re: Nginx ESI Module

Hello Kingsley,

> Just wondering if anyone has done any work on a nginx ESI plugin?

Actually, I was looking into specification few days ago because I wanted to
make one (only ESI language and basic invalidator, not full spec). But for
now, this is on my TODO list as a one of the "cool projects to make" (and
it's ranked #3), so don't expect to see it anytime soon, because neither I
nor any of my clients really need it at the moment.

As far as I know, there isn't any ESI implementation for nginx.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at >

nginx mailing list
nginx at