Compiling only a module

Peter Leonov gojpeg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:50:45 MSK 2010

On 12.01.2010, at 16:12, Dennis J. wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to develop a module for nginx and I'm wondering how I can compile just a module by itself. I check out this page:
> http://www.evanmiller.org/nginx-modules-guide.html#compiling
> but it basically says that you have to compile nginx completely to compile the module. This seems rather cumbersome, is there a way around this?
Nginx modules a all compiled in. There is no mechanism to build and load a shared library.
Fortunately, the makefile is properly configured to recompile only changed stuff. To fine tune dependencies within your module, try NGX_ADDON_DEPS.

Other way is to write you own custom makefile in your module dir. But it may be a complicated thing due to cross platform nature of nginx.

Peter.