is there any way to make Substitution module to work with gzip?

Weibin Yao nbubingo at
Fri Jan 29 12:00:21 MSK 2010

tOmasEn at 2010-1-29 16:25 wrote:
> Substitution module can
> replace text for content from proxy_pass.
> In order to use this function, it have to turn gzip transfer off from
> server to server, which is understandable all right.
> But I want when after substitution module replaced the text, nginx can
> gzip it and send it to client. Is there any way to do that?
Are you sure Nginx can't  gzip the response with the substitution
module? AFAIK, the substitution module is a filter module before the
gzip filter module. They are not conflicted.

Weibin Yao