nginx performance test

yong xue ultraice at
Fri Jan 29 18:07:24 MSK 2010

    last week, I did a nginx performance test.
    Yes, with no surprise, nginx is perfect.

   First, I proxyed 15 web hosts after nginx,  the cpu utilization and disk
IO were a little high,  this was cause by the file download and access log,
after I closed the access log, and changed the download to synchronization by
set proxy_max_temp_file_size to zero, nginx run with little CPU consumption.

   So I turned more web hosts after nginx, the disk IO became some high
again, this was caused by uploading,  so I changed the client_body_tmp_path
to a tmpfs,
and disk IO disappear, and the bottleneck was the memory capacity.

    Finally with 50+ web host proxyed, the nginx host's CPU utilization is
about 30%, and the client_body_tmp_path occupied 4-6G, the peak throughput
of each network
adater was 400-450M.

    It is a good result. Thanks you, sysoev.

Best Regards,

e-mail:ultraice at <e-mail%3Aultraice at>