module proxy and Upstream question

Aleksandar Lazic al-nginx at none.at
Thu Jul 15 13:30:24 MSD 2010

Dear List,

we use the upstream module to proxy requests to our backend, as much
other people ;-)

I want to check if I have understand the

rrp->peers->single in src/http/ngx_http_upstream_round_robin.c

flag in the correct manner.

At the moment we have only one upstream and we have te following in our
config.

upstream backend1  {
   server 172.16.2.1 weight=10 max_fails=3 fail_timeout=30s;
}

If the server 172.16.2.1 is not reachable then the request is gone,
right?

A possible solution is to add the same server several times, right?
Is there another, better solution to resend the request to the backend?

BR

Aleks