FastCGI with Caching & JSONP -> Caching problem

mcmaxx nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Jun 9 01:13:04 MSD 2010

Hello,

We're currently running a server on nginx and fastCGI with caching enabled.

The problem is, the javascript requesting the .php files from nginx w/ fastCGI needs to used JSONP since it's cross-site.

We're noticing that since the /?jsonp=#### is randomized every call our fastCGI is not properly caching the request.

Can you please help out and direct me into perhaps tellings nginx to ignore any values set by the ?jsonp?

We use REST architecture so the ?jsonp= is the only GET variable we deal with.

Here is our nginx - caching setup
 [code]
#fastcgi caching
    fastcgi_cache_path /var/cache/nginx levels=1:2
    keys_zone=ABC:10m
    inactive=5m ;
[/code]

            [code]
            fastcgi_cache       TWEET;
            fastcgi_cache_valid 200 302 1m;
            fastcgi_cache_valid 301     1m;
            fastcgi_cache_valid any     1m;
            fastcgi_cache_min_uses      1;
            fastcgi_cache_use_stale error  timeout invalid_header http_500;
            fastcgi_cache_key 127.0.0.1:9000$request_uri;
[/code]

Much appreciated!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,96081,96081#msg-96081