Please help - "fastcgi request record is too big" - no idea

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Jun 9 01:23:04 MSD 2010

Hello!

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 01:48:16PM -0700, Michael Shadle wrote:

> We're hitting this with a simple AJAX-based file upload. The file
> being uploaded is only 199862 bytes.

[...]

> fastcgi_param UNTOUCHED_BODY $request_body;

nginx assumes all fastcgi params will fit into single fastcgi
record (i.e. no more than 64k), and usually this assumption is
correct.

Just use normal way of passing request_body and you'll be fine.
This one isn't scalable anyway as it requires client_body_buffer
to be set big enough to contain full request body.