nginx rewrite rules conditional once again

Rahul Bansal rahul286 at
Wed Jun 30 14:14:44 MSD 2010

> You think in a backward logic. Try a forward logic: what should be done for

Agree with this!

As a general rules, when writing nginx config, we better think from *scratch
It happened to me that I came across some very complex apache rules and
ended up sitting idle because I couldn't find their direct conversion in
But then one day, I just analyzed input used and output produced by apache
rules and in few hours I solved that problem is myself.

Switching from apache to nginx is as complex as switching form windows to
If you start solving any problem with old knowledge you will always find
things difficult.  ;-)