Documentation doesn't match code

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Mar 1 22:43:09 MSK 2010

Hello!

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 02:18:58PM -0500, sridhar basam wrote:

> The documentation for the mail proxy module state the "so_keepalive"
> variable can be used to toggle keepalive functionality to the backend
> server.

Wow.  Where did you find one?  May be you mean wiki?

> The actual code though uses this configuration variable to drive keepalive
> functionality on the client side connection though. Below is a short patch
> which changes the keepalive functionality to the backend server.

It is believed that it works as expected - sets SO_KEEPALIVE on
client socket once we are about to open backend connection (which
is usually resource consuming, as backends are used to follow
process per connection model).  This allows to free backend
connections early as long as clients silently disappear.

You may want to fix wiki instead (it seems to be down right now
though).