Proxy Cache

Jan Kašpar caspi at caspi.cz
Thu Mar 11 13:45:11 MSK 2010

Hello,

I am using MS IIS web server as image web. Right now I cannot change
to another solution because of special plugiunens that are used.
I have problem with caching images. There is over 500 000 and IIS
doesnt have so hight performance. I woul like to use nginx to cache
most viewed pictures. Is ti posible to do that? Can I run nginx on
same server as IIS? can someone help me with configuration?

How to configure nginx to use cache only for pictures,
how to configure expire time.

what about ports? I think nginx will get port 80 and IIS change on
oanother one 81. so inet users will ask nginx and it wil ask IIS in
backend?

Thanks for help.

Jan