[ANNOUNCE] ngx_echo v0.29: major core refactoring and more robust sequential subrequests

Matthieu Tourne matthieu.tourne at gmail.com
Thu May 6 21:56:11 MSD 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:42 AM, agentzh <agentzh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:15 PM, agentzh <agentzh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, list!
> >
> > I'm happy to announce the v0.29 release of the ngx_echo module:
> >
> >    http://github.com/agentzh/echo-nginx-module/tarball/v0.29
> >

> ngx_echo v0.30 is just out:
>
>    http://github.com/agentzh/echo-nginx-module/tarball/v0.30
>
> I didn't get the r->main->count right for the echo_exec directive in
> the previous version. Use of the echo_exec directive in v0.29 may
> result in random server hang for nginx >= 0.8.11.
>
> Please consider upgrading to v0.30 immediately if you're using
> ngx_echo. And please feel free to report any issues on your side.
>
> Thanks!
> -agentzh

Hi Agentzh,

The new version of the echo module looks great, and it's a very good source
of inspiration for writing my own module.

I think that would be amazing if the echo module could be used to "pipe"
echo directives to an upstream, in order to create completely custom queries
for example, instead of echoing data back to the user.
Do you think that would be feasible ?

Thank you,

Matthieu.

--