[ANNOUNCE] ngx_echo v0.29: major core refactoring and more robust sequential subrequests

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri May 7 05:54:31 MSD 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 1:56 AM, Matthieu Tourne
<matthieu.tourne at gmail.com> wrote:
> The new version of the echo module looks great, and it's a very good source
> of inspiration for writing my own module.

Glad to hear that :)

> I think that would be amazing if the echo module could be used to "pipe"
> echo directives to an upstream, in order to create completely custom queries
> for example, instead of echoing data back to the user.

This is a very intriguing idea and I can see the benefits of debugging
custom TCP upstream modules :)

Just to confirm my understanding, I'd ask first...are you suggesting a
telnet module for nginx upstreams? *grin*

> Do you think that would be feasible ?

Given the flexibility of the nginx core, I'd say "yes" :)

To be honest, I happen to be thinking about mudding with the
ngx_http_upstream infrastructure a bit more these days ;)

Cheers,
-agentzh