nginx_http_push_module subscriber leaving

zeeshan malik zeeshan.m.malik at
Mon Nov 29 13:08:51 MSK 2010

I am Zeeshan. I am going to use nginx_http_push_module for one of my
webservices. It's a live visitors feed service, which tells the visitors of
a site who else is visiting the site at the same time in real time. So the
model is that every url is a channel and visitors on a page subscribes to
the channel for that page and start getting the feed whenever a new visitor
arrives. So far it's simple and i have figured out how to do it using

What I am unable to figure out is that visitors close the page/browser to
leave the channel. How to know that a subscriber has left the channel and
broadcast his departure to all the subscribers?

Any help would be really appreciated.