Possible bug? Redirect 301 to 1st hostname in server_name list

Dale Gallagher dale.gallagher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:14:19 MSK 2010

Hi there

We're running nginx 0.7.67 and PHP 5.2.14 for a virtual host, with the
following config. host1 and host2 currently point to another server
(DNS), so host3 is used for testing. When requesting host3/drupal
nginx sends http 301 and the browser is redirected to host1/drupal
(which is on another server). If I place host3 1st in the list, then
everything works fine? Is this an nginx bug, or a config issue? If the
latter, how should I configure nginx so that drupal behaves
identically for all server_name's?

server {
  listen 80;
  server_name host1 host2 host3;
  root /srv/web/host1/public;
  access_log /srv/web/host1/log/access.log combined;

  location / {
    index.html index.php;
  }
  if (!-e $request_filename) {
    rewrite ^/(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1 break;
  }
  error_page 404 /index.php

  location ~ \.php$ {
    fastcgi_pass  unix:/srv/web/host1/sock/php.sock;
    fastcgi_index index.php;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
    include fastcgi_params;

Thanks
Dale