upload module forbidden

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Apr 5 13:40:45 MSD 2011

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 05:08:08AM -0400, vetri wrote:

Hi there,

>    i am uploading files via form to nginx .here below i have written my
> config

You *must* have your own code to handle the POST data. It will be a cgi
script, or a fastcgi script, or a servlet, or something like that.

This says "your own code is available at @test".

This says "your own code is really at http://localhost:8080/upload".

> server{
> listen 8080;
> }
> }

but you do not have your own code there.

> can u tell me why it is returning forbidden after file is uploaded?

Because http://localhost:8080/upload corresponds to a directory.

You must tell nginx where your own form-handling code is.

Where is it?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org