upload module forbidden

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Apr 5 21:32:11 MSD 2011

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 09:43:58AM -0400, vetri wrote:

Hi there,

>      i have written my nginx configuration above . that is the
> configuration i am using to upload file .

Maybe that is where it became unclear: I wrote "code"; you read

Please read the previous mail again, but where I say "your code", I mean
something like "the backend url".

>            my goal is to save the file in the real name (or) pass the
> temporary name to backend server as query .

What url on the backend server should nginx send the POST form data to?

>           can i do that?

Yes. "upload_pass" must be set to get the request to the backend server.

Aside: to upload a file, you do not need the upload module. You can
just use stock nginx. The upload module should make the backend code
that handles the form data a bit easier. If it doesn't do that, you can
omit the upload module and just handle the whole thing in your own code.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org