can not get the value from eval module

agentzh agentzh at
Wed Apr 20 08:50:40 MSD 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:24 AM, notedit <notedit at> wrote:
> sorry about i send the same email secondly,   i still can not figure it out.
> i use the nginx eval module, echo module and memc module, so i did a test.
> but when i curl  , it just stuck there, i can not get the
> output.
> when i check the value of  system_uid in memcache , it really changed.
> but why it was stuck there?  when i curl ,  i can get the
> correct output.
> i test in my two pc,  i get the same result.
> some one can help me ?

The official ngx_eval module can only work with content handlers that
explicitly support the "nginx subrequest in memory" feature. Just a
few modules support that, like ngx_proxy, ngx_memcached, and ngx_memc.
My ngx_echo does not support it, nor does ngx_fastcgi.

You can try out my fork of ngx_eval instead:

But as the README page of my fork has already says, it's recommended
to use ngx_lua to do such tasks because it is more flexible and more