User directive warning, despite being run as root

jschuur nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Apr 22 00:00:36 MSD 2011

One final update, incase anyone else runs across this issue: The problem
boiled down to the launchd script in question being installed into the
~/Library/LaunchAgents directory. Because config files from the user's
own LaunchAgent directory will cause the process to be run under that
user's ID and not root, every 10 seconds an attempt was made to restart
nginx, and it failed, writing to the same error log that my manual
restarts from the command line with sudo did. I was mistaking them for
something generated by my sudo commands.

I never saw the extra nginx processes, because they exited out too fast
for me to catch them.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,192872,192910#msg-192910