Sync multi nginx (persistent) caching proxy for one(or more) app server

lennydizzy nginx-forum at
Tue Aug 2 02:43:53 UTC 2011

I am a newbie Nginx user, so bear with me here ;-)

I want to setup multiple (identical) caching proxy in front of my app

Basically - Load balancer - multiple nginx caching proxy - app

So I have two questions:

1. How do I make the cache persistent (across nginx restart)?
Wiki says that keys and metadata are stored in shared memory, does that
mean it's not possible to save cache?

2. How do I sync the caches on different nginx, so that same URL request
does not hit app server multiple times.
Can I use something like rsync?

Thanks a lot!