Images are missing in drupal 7 working on nginx

brianmercer nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Feb 4 18:01:59 MSK 2011

Dew Wrote:
> I welcome,
>
> I am here new and if I am writing in the bad
> department I apologise. Around drupalem earlier I
> already had the contact but now already on
> seriously and wants on the base drupal 7 to build
> the web page. My server is VPS with the system
> ubuntu, I installed server www nginx because he is
> being efficienting very much and here my problem
> appeared. Because images which he is adding aren't
> reading carefully to articles. After using
> automatic sending the picture to the server the
> link to him is following:
>
> http://site.com/sites/default/files/field/image/my
> _image_fakt02022011_470.jpeg
>
> But already after writing articles the link is
> following:
>
> http://site.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/p
> ublic/field/image/my_image_fakt02022011_470.jpeg
>
> And he isn't being shown, and if I write the link
> of the picture down in the browser:
>
> http://site.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/p
> ublic/field/image/my_image_fakt02022011_470.jpeg
>
> Server nginx is giving mistake 404: 404 Not Found
> nginx/0.8.54. I configured nginx according to it:
> http://wiki.nginx.org/Drupal Perhaps somebody had
> similar probilem and does know how to fix it? I
> will still add that for the keying become
> integrated of editor wyswig tinymce. On lighttpd
> everything acted well but how I changed the www
> server on nginx then images don't just work
>
> my real address is replacing sites with site.com
>
> I apologise for my weak English very thanks
>
> also my topic on drupal.org:
> http://drupal.org/node/1048570

The best place to request help with nginx configuration for Drupal is
the nginx group at groups.drupal.org. http://groups.drupal.org/nginx

There are some sample configs linked at the top of that page, though
some of those are for Drupal6 and not Drupal7.

In Drupal7, images in the /styles directory have to send their 404s to
Drupal for creation of alternate images, just like images in /imagecache
for Drupal6.

Something like:

  location ~ ^.*/files\/styles\/.*$ {
    access_log      off;