Images are missing in drupal 7 working on nginx

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Fri Feb 4 19:45:21 MSK 2011

On 4 Fev 2011 10h51 WET, nginx-forum at nginx.us wrote:

> I welcome,
>
> I am here new and if I am writing in the bad department I apologise.
> Around drupalem earlier I already had the contact but now already on
> seriously and wants on the base drupal 7 to build the web page. My
> server is VPS with the system ubuntu, I installed server www nginx
> because he is being efficienting very much and here my problem
> appeared.  Because images which he is adding aren't reading
> carefully to articles.  After using automatic sending the picture to
> the server the link to him is following:
>
> http://site.com/sites/default/files/field/image/my_image_fakt02022011_470.jpeg
>

> But already after writing articles the link is following:
>
> http://site.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/my_image_fakt02022011_470.jpeg
>
> And he isn't being shown, and if I write the link of the picture
> down in the browser:
>
> http://site.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/my_image_fakt02022011_470.jpeg
>
> Server nginx is giving mistake 404: 404 Not Found nginx/0.8.54. I
> configured nginx according to it: http://wiki.nginx.org/Drupal
> Perhaps somebody had similar probilem and does know how to fix it? I
> will still add that for the keying become integrated of editor
> wyswig tinymce. On lighttpd everything acted well but how I changed
> the www server on nginx then images don't just work
>
> my real address is replacing sites with site.com
>
> I apologise for my weak English very thanks
>
> also my topic on drupal.org: http://drupal.org/node/1048570

Like Brian said hop in to the Nginx Drupal group. I would say that you
seem to miss a location with a fallback to Drupal so that the images
are (re)generated if they don't exist.

A rule like Brian indicated is what it takes. You can see my config
here https://github.com/perusio/drupal-with-nginx that contemplates
drupal 7 or others at the top of the group page:
http://groups.drupal.org/nginx

In general the drupal group is the place to be for Nginx and Drupal
related issues.

--- appa