remove www from the url

whiskybar nginx-forum at
Thu Feb 17 19:15:19 MSK 2011

Hi Francis,

it must have been for my bad understanding of "if the header match name
of server_name directive". I did not understand what "name of
server_name directive" was -- of course, matches the
directive, you are right!

Then, it was the change of the server_name_in_redirect's default in
0.8.48 in addition to that - as you said. I'm running 0.9.x everywhere
and this is why it stopped working. I only did not notice.

That was a  very clear explanation of you Francis, thank you. I'm
definitely not using this as everyone here suggested against it and I
will be using the two server solution.

Jiri matches the seconds word of server_name and that means it