problem in first usage of nginx

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:50:33 MSK 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:03 AM, Yanxin Zhang <zhynxn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have several questions about using NginX.
> 1)
> After I first install nginx-0.8.41 in Ubuntu 8.04 system, with the default
> .conf file.
> I start nginx with 127.0.0.1:8000, however, I can not see the default
> webpage. The browser can not connect to server.
> Could anyone help me to figure it out?
> 2)
> I am following the instructions in
> http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpChunkinModule
> to configure nginx.
> when I start nginx, I encounter the error:
> [emerg]: unknown directive "chunkin" in ./conf/nginx.conf:36

Are you sure you are using the nginx instance that you build yourself?

By default, nginx will be installed into /usr/local/nginx/. Ensure
you're using this nginx instead of the nginx shipped by your OS
vender. You can use the absolute path of your nginx:

    /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx -c /path/to/your/nginx.conf

Cheers,
-agentzh