Nginx fails to accept new connection if active worker crashes

faskiri.devel nginx-forum at
Tue Nov 15 11:37:22 UTC 2011

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the prompt reply.

As a temporary fix I had created a variable in the shared memory to
track which pid is holding the mutex so that the check in
works. It works fine for me, hadnt realized I could switch it off. Are
we talking about putting "accept_mutex off" in the nginx.conf file? It
will be great if you could explain what that will actually do, as in,
how will the new requests be handed off to workers.

Best Regards