Cannot remove Content Length header

Luc Juggery luc.juggery at
Sat Sep 24 11:43:12 UTC 2011

I'm using Nginx as a front end to my node.js application, nginx proxying
https request to my app.
When the browser gets the response back, instead of pure json
({"error":"query error","message":"Parameter(s) missing: user,password"}), I
receive something like:

{"error":"query error","message":"Parameter(s) missing: user,password"}

I use 'more_clear_headers' module but do not have any luck.

This is the config I use:

server {
    listen      443;
    ssl                 on;
    ssl_certificate    certificate.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key privatekey.pem;

    keepalive_timeout 70;

    location / {
      more_clear_headers 'Content-Length';   # Does not work as I would
      proxy_pass https://localhost:8443;
      proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
      proxy_buffering off;
      proxy_buffers 8 8k;