Cannot remove Content Length header

Richard Kearsley Richard.Kearsley at
Sat Sep 24 11:49:34 UTC 2011

How are you testing it?
That looks like results I saw using telnet but those numbers do not appear with a http client such as curl

On 24 Sep 2011, at 12:43, "Luc Juggery" <luc.juggery at<mailto:luc.juggery at>> wrote:

I'm using Nginx as a front end to my node.js application, nginx proxying https request to my app.
When the browser gets the response back, instead of pure json ({"error":"query error","message":"Parameter(s) missing: user,password"}), I receive something like:

{"error":"query error","message":"Parameter(s) missing: user,password"}

I use 'more_clear_headers' module but do not have any luck.

This is the config I use:

server {
    listen      443;
    server_name <><>;
    ssl                 on;
    ssl_certificate    certificate.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key privatekey.pem;

    keepalive_timeout 70;

    location / {
      more_clear_headers 'Content-Length';   # Does not work as I would expect
      proxy_pass <https://localhost:8443> https://localhost:8443;
      proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
      proxy_buffering off;
      proxy_buffers 8 8k;