Config directive inheritance: docs and rules (was: Config variable inheritance)

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Wed Apr 4 18:18:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 05:54:44PM +0100, Francis Daly wrote:

> If that's an adequate analysis, it suggests that
>   allow/deny and xslt_param/xslt_string_param
> are the only distributed directives which don't follow the
> replace-or-inherit-this-directive-only method.

Mechanical analisys of the codebase might miss some cases with
custom directive handlers used.  But I suppose the result is
correct as it matches one from my memory.  :)

> > All such cases are more or less obvious though.
> I wonder, is it worth having a note in the documentation for these
> exceptions to the common case?
> I see that there is such a note at
> but not (yet) at

Yes, this surely deserves a note.