Question on socket usage

Anton Yuzhaninov citrin at citrin.ru
Fri Apr 13 15:21:35 UTC 2012

On 04/13/12 10:50, Andy Bartaman wrote:
> I am new to nginx. I was wondering if nginx uses one server-side socket for each
> connection request. That is if there are 100 http connections simultaneously active
> tp an nginx server would there be 100 sockets in use in nginx?

Yes, you are right.

In case if request proxied by nginx to upstream, take in account sockets used by
upstream connections too.

If you wan to tune max sockets limit in OS, don't forget about sockets in
TIME_WAIT state - this connections closed in nginx, but usually accounted in OS
limits.

--
  Anton Yuzhaninov