Registering Nginx callback in external library

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 07:21:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Sammy Raul <sammyraul1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's what I wanted to do:
>
> 1) I wanted to write a Nginx location handler for example "/mylocation"
> which when invoked should call another program to get the response.
>
> 2) The other external program provides a client library where we can
> register callbacks.
>
> 3) The external program will call the callback when the data is available.
>

> I wanted to know if I am using an external library and one of the external
> API is asking for registering callback, how i can achieve this in Nginx.

Take a look at the ngx_drizzle module which integrates the external
client library libdrizzle into the Nginx core and generates outputs
for an nginx location:

    http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpDrizzleModule

Also take a look at the ngx_postgres module which integrates external
client library libpq into the Nginx core:

    https://github.com/FRiCKLE/ngx_postgres

Hope this helps,
-agentzh