[ANN] ngx_openresty devel version released

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:06:20 UTC 2012

Hello, folks!

I am happy to announce the new development version of ngx_openresty,

This is possibly the last development release in the 1.2.4.x series if
no regressions are reported.

Special thanks go to all our contributors and users for helping make this

Below is the complete change log for this release, as compared to the last
(development) release,

 *   upgraded LuaNginxModule to 0.7.8.

     *   bugfix: ngx.req.set_body_file() might lead to memory issues
         because it directly used the storage of Lua strings
         allocated by the Lua GC (we should have allocated a new
         memory block on the Nginx side and copy the string data

 *   upgraded LuaRestyMySQLLibrary to 0.12.

     *   feature: convert the MySQL "newdecimal" typed fields to Lua
         numbers by default as requested by shedar.

     *   optimize: marked the internal Lua function "_recv_packet" as
         a "local" function.

The HTML version of the change log with some helpful hyper-links
can be browsed here:

OpenResty (aka. ngx_openresty) is a full-fledged web application server by
bundling the standard Nginx core, lots of 3rd-party Nginx modules and Lua
libraries, as well as most of their external dependencies. See OpenResty's
homepage for details:

We have been running extensive testing on our Amazon EC2 test cluster and
ensure that all the components (including the Nginx core) play well
together. The latest test report can always be found here: