need help getting perl cgis to work.

jason at jason at
Thu Jan 5 13:25:43 UTC 2012

hey folks, ive been running apache for years but now trying to use nginx. I have nginx and php(with fastcgi)
working fine, but whenever I try to bring up my web page that has a perl cgi on it, it just downloads the script
instead of executing it.. I cant figure out how to make it work right.. basically heres the config that I have
for it in my apache conf

ScriptAliasMatch ^/blog/?(.*) /var/www/localhost/htdocs/blog/$1

<Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs/blog">
        Options +Includes
        <FilesMatch "$">
        Options ExecCGI

when do I need to do to get nginx to properly execute the perl cgi?