need help getting perl cgis to work.

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Jan 5 13:43:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 08:25:43AM -0500, jason at monsterjam.org wrote:

Hi there,

> hey folks, ive been running apache for years but now trying to use nginx. I have nginx and php(with fastcgi)
> working fine, but whenever I try to bring up my web page that has a perl cgi on it, it just downloads the script

> when do I need to do to get nginx to properly execute the perl cgi?

nginx doesn't do cgi.

You'll need to run some separate server that nginx can talk to as a
client, that is able to do whatever processing you want.

If you have a http server that handles the cgi for you, you can
"proxy_pass" to that.

If you have a fastcgi server that is set up to do the right thing with
your cgi script, you can "fastcgi_pass" to that.

There are also other options.

On the nginx side, you configure it in a similar way to your
php-via-fastcgi configuration.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org