nginx for windows 64 (not the cygwin)

Valentin V. Bartenev ne at vbart.ru
Thu Jan 12 14:03:21 UTC 2012

On Thursday 12 January 2012 17:40:20 aliane abdelouahab wrote:
> i run under 8 giga ram, so i just wanted to test the limits of a server
> running under 64 bits, my thesis is to make a webserver using tornado (also
> not officialy supported on windows) and as load balancer and reverse proxy
> i'll use nginx (as suggested in tornado documentation)

http://nginx.org/en/docs/windows.html - this limitations relate to all windows
builds, not only 32-bit. Don't expect high performance or more than 1024
simultaneous connections.

> and what about the 32 bits build, does it contain the basic modules +
> extras?

What "extras" do you mean exactly? Some of nginx modules don't work properly on
windows 7, and, probably, most of 3'rd party modules even won't compile.

wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev